Thursday, May 6, 2010

Blessed

Today, I await the arrival of a new camper my husband and I purchased. I am filled with excitement and anticipation as I imagine all the adventures my family and I will enjoy in it. It is just four walls and a roof, a bathroom and small kitchen area. Not a big camper. I have to pull it with a minivan so it can't be big. It holds with it dreams of the future. It contains countless memories waiting to be made. It is filled with laughter that has not yet happened. It reminds me that summer is almost here and with it comes days of swimming and hiking and campfires all shared with my precious husband and children. It reminds me that I am blessed.

Today, my high school friend and his wife wait for a call from the hospital. His wife has a tumor deep in her brain that is growing rapidly. They wait for the phone to ring and for the voice on the other end to tell them it is cancer. The preliminary tests say that it is likely. The tumor cannot be removed. There is no treatment. There is only hope and faith. Prayer and God. They have a young son who waits too. He waits to see if his summer will have a mother in it. His father built him a swing set this weekend. A swing set that his mommy may never push him on. A swing set that sits empty as they wait for the call from the doctor. A swing that offers no promises of memories to be made. I pray for this family. It reminds me that I am blessed.

Today, my daughter Molly was bad. I told her off. She cried and we hugged. She kissed me goodbye at the bus stop. Her blond hair shone in the sun like spun gold. She is precious. My heart ached with love. Through the bus window she smiled and waved at me. I waved back. It reminds me that I am blessed.

Today, I drove home to wait for the time when the camper will come. I prayed and spoke to my heavenly Father. I told Him I love Him. I felt His love for me. I thought of how wonderful it is to have prayer. To be able to enter the presence of a living God and just to rest in His love.....and it reminds me that I am blessed.

Thank you Heavenly Father God. You are the giver of every perfect thing. Because of You, I am blessed. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment